[RC] Hidalgo - oh no not again - Truman Prevatt

I've been up to my ears lately and it probably won't get better for awhile. I got home late last night from the business trip from hell to find my lovely wife had rented a bunch of movies to watch over the weekend to keep my mind off the technical problem from Hell that just won't go away and the fact I have to head up North on Monday to figure out how we solve it.  Anyway one of the movies was Hidalgo.

I know Hidalgo has been around for awhile and is old news but I have a firm rule. I won't rent anything that isn't on the "5-day" blockbuster shelf. If I get it off the two day shelf I end up renting it twice.

Anyway great movie - easy on a overly wrung out brain. Great story about the meeting of three cultures and of of mutual repect that can develop and of how one man finds himself to do what is "right." Not too heavy - hey it was Disney but good enough.

Had little to do with horses - except of man's love for the horse - other than for some of the riding scenes.  I got to tell you the double for the Frank Hopkins character had one hell of a seat on a horse.

As the wild horses the US Government was going to kill run off into the sunset along with Hidalgo I bid you all a happy Thanksgiving.

Truman

PS: Tonight it is a subtitled French flick, I probably won't be saying much in public about that one ;-)!

--
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
--Benjamin Franklin