Re: [RC] RC] competing gaited horses - DAldr94141

I have a question. Are gaited horses more likely to have a higher pulse and harder to compete points wise in CTR's since in endurance there is no point system like that?
Is that why maybe most do endurance?
I rode a CTR with a gal who's paso always had a high pulse and never placed. It wasn't dangerously high but in the high 50's and low 60's. Took him a long time to pulse down.
He sure as heck got thru the 25 miles just fine, kind of a hot horse, but his pulse was always high at the end. I followed her on this horse the first half which was just fine with me on my trottin' horse because I like to do the first half faster anyway. But on the way back, she was worried about his pulse and I told her to follow behind me. That was the lowest his pulse had ever been.  But is this the norm? Is this why I don't personally see too many gaited horses out there?
I'm very interested since I have a 7 month old I'm hoping to do some competing with in the future.

Deb