Re: [RC] RE:Starting an older horse - Vistalargo

Title: AOL Email
We started our Paso Fino stallion Leo de Vez in LD endurance at age twenty. He loves it we started him LSD but at the last two rides of his first year he top tenned easily. He is back to completions only but still ambles along around fifteenth or so out of say 75 horses mostly Arabians. (last ride he did age 22) He will be 23 this third AERC season that is about to start. His younger brother Daddy's Shadow de Paca went to AERC nationals in 92 and top tenned more rides than not and he came in eleventh at Nationals (not bad for a Paso Finos who had only done less than two seasons).