Re: [RC] RE:Starting an older horse - Marv Walker

It's so enlightening and refreshing to hear all the good stories about starting older horses. I gives me hope for Cosmo, who at the age of 7 has been sent back to the trainer for a little "finishing" work.

In all my years of horses, contrary to conventional wisdom, I have
found no evidence that horses become incapable of learning after
a certain age.  If they are alive and not incapacitated, they are
capable of learning.  They may not be physically capable of
performing what they are taught, but then that happens just as
often with younger horses, but they are capable of learning.

Marv "The older I get the more I learn." Walker