Re: [RC] Endurance Vs. CTR - Lynn Kinsky

Title: Re: [RC] Endurance Vs. CTR
Hi. The only thing I didn't agree with Truman on is in CTR, every ride I've ever been at, if riding 25 miles, you do get your 10 min. to pulse down but you also have a mandatory 1/2 hour to 45 min. to rest.
I thought in endurance you are checked for pulse and if it's down, then you are ready to go? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Deb

In NATRC sanctioned CTRs you will have at least two pulse and respiration stops during the day, and if you  are scheduled to be out on the trail for more than six hours a 45 minute lunch stop is mandatory.  Limited distance endurance must have, at a minimum, a gate into a hold at a vet check approximately mid-way, but the hold time is set by the head vet vet.

--

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/