[RC] Freeze Marking - Karla Watson

I am interested in Freeze marking my horses for theft protection and identification. The ones on the neck are registered and cannot be altered. If your horse is stolen, they are immediately put on law enforcement and slaughter house lists. What if the horse has a mane that falls on both sides and covers the mark? A thief cannot see the freeze brand as easily. Also are the freeze brands better on the rump since they are more visible? Any clinics in the NW coming up who are doing this? Please reply to the list since many may appreciate the input.
--------Karla Watson/Portland, Oregon