[RC] horse blankets - sherman

Maybe your friends are talking about a blanket that "wicks", that will allow the moisture to move away from the horse? I think the polar fleece serves this purpose, as does wool. I just bought a few yards the fleece on sale for $5 per yard to make a cooler and rump rug for my dauter's horse, total cost of $15 + my time.
Kathy

From: LTYearwood@xxxxxxx
Subject:
Hi

Vashka and I are experiencing our first real winter (we just moved from Miami
and are in Oregon.)

I believe horses are left as mother nature intended them.However when I get
back from a hard ride and it is 30 degrees and Vashka can't dry naturally, and
he's shaking from the cold (he still managed to grow quite a coat!), I feel
like he needs a blanket.

Ideally, I would like a blanket that helps him dry off so I can take it off
and he can keep warm naturally. (So far I've been out in the garage with a blow
dryer for an hour and a half to help him get dry. :(  :) !!! )

One or two of my new horse friends has recommended that I get a blanket with
"a quick." I guses that is something that dries the horse and then there is
the blanket on top? That would be great --- like I said, I really don't want to
have to keep the blanket on any longer than necessary.

Do you guys have any blankets you can suggest? I don't mind if it's a little
pricey, though cheap is nice. I just want something that is going to last so I
don't have to keep replacing it!

 Lori and Vashka