[RC] New barn... electrical and water - Elite

    I asked ridecamp about experiences living in a house/barn combination almost a year ago.   We have been working on that idea since then and looking for the right property.    Everything has been coming together (land, plans, and approvals) and we are set to break ground soon.   Actually it will house my business (a 40 run boarding kennel), our home (3000 sq. ft.), storage for our horse trailer, a 6 stall barn, and a small indoor round pen area.   All under one roof, which is a 80 X 150 Kentucky horse farm style building.   We have needed to expand the kennel for a long time and really would like a new house, so this was a way to get both as well as having 4 times as much pasture.   I am a little nervous about this and hope we will like it.   It means that my endurance riding will probably be pushed back another year, but it will be worth it to simplify everything under one roof.
   The articles about electicution really makes me think.  I work with a pressure washer everyday in the kennel and never questioned that my GFCI breakers would not work.  I'm going to have them checked and make sure they are set up right in the new facility.

Linda