[RC] hahira river run - Ed Kilpatrick

hats off to pam linahan for another excellent ride!  it is one of my favorites, and it doesnt hurt that it is only 125 miles to drive.  it rained on friday, the day before the ride, which made parts of the trail a sloppy mess, but for the most part, the footing was good.  77 entries in the 25 miler and 73 completed.   35 entries in the 50 miler and 34 completed.  congrats to all riders for taking excellent care of their horses under adverse conditions.

a special congratulations to melinda, our newbie riding partner who completed her first ride ever, and a 50 miler at that!  for those newbie riders out there struggling with decisions, decisions, just do like melinda, get a good horse and go ride!  you will be glad you did.

it was also the first ride for my five year old blm mustang stallion, little jefe.  he followed his pasture buddy, gorgeous george,ridden by my wife, kathi lee, and completed with no problems!

ed kilpatrick