[RC] Competing Standardbred's in Endurance - Carolyn Burgess

I am replying to the woman who asked about competing Standardbred's or part Standardbreds in endurance.  Both my girl friend and I complete them.  My is an OTT Standardbred who raced until he was 10.  He is a big boy, 15.3H about 1100 lbs.  He is a cool weather boy, does best when it is damp, cold and rainy, my favorite weather.  He has 200 endurance miles from Maine to Maryland this year, and we are middle of the pack finishers.

My girl friends horse, also a Standardbred, has about 300 endurance miles and is mostly a top 10 finisher.  He is smaller and lighter than my guy and blows our doors off.

Carolyn Burgess

Carolyn Burgess
Email:
carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx