Re: [RC] full/semi QH bars - Alice Yovich

Yes, it was a couple things...every time i've ever put a full bar saddle on my mare they have been too wide in the gullet and sat down on her a bit. This one did that just a little, but not so much that a better pad won't raise the whole thing up enough. I could only get about 1 finger between her gullet and the withers. Also, the rigging on this saddle was 7/8 instead of the centerfire that is on the model I've been looking at. I have another friend with the semi-bar saddle and I've ridden her in it before, but not for a long distance and not recently, but hers fit too plus it had the rigging I like. I'm confused about the different models and the way they are made and how they are different. With the 7/8's rigging there was a little more "pull" than I wanted on her front end.

I agree that if it works that's great and I should look for one like it. It also means that some of the leather ones I've been looking at that I thought would be too wide may not be. It's just turned my journey "upside down" I want to make sure I'm buying the right saddle. It's not that I can which size it really is.