[RC] The Logevity Derby - tom noll

Greetings:

Earlier today I had two very interesting experiences.  Today I rode my horse Frank on a nice short loop in the Boise Foothills on new trails that were acquired as part of the foothills levy.  The foothills levy is a tax used to acquire private land in the Boise Front and further connect the trails (Friday after work I had the opportunity to mountain bike on some of the new trails and both days were special fall days).  My horse Frank is nearly 15 and he is still running strong.  He received a BC on his last ride two weeks ago.

Today I also had the opportunity to visit a Kentucky Derby runner at the clinic where my wife works.  This horse was really something in his day and he was a contender in the Derby.  Unfortunately, today he is retired at four years old.  He still has a presence now and at three he must have been a magnificent horse.

Those of us who have endurance horses in their teens that are still running should be proud.  Our horses are really something.  There are horses, derby runners and endurance horses, who do not have that longevity.  We are lucky.

Best Regards,

Tom Noll

SW Idaho