[RC] affordable - larry Miller

My horses come first, my sport comes second, my motto is "Ride to live, live to ride."
No matter what one does in life, raise a family, golf, party, buy expensive clothes, have an expensive car, have a fancy house, whatever, there are costs.  So choose what makes you happy.  Riding makes me happy, going down trail makes me happy, having a fit and healthy horse makes me happy, starting the neighbor kids into my kind of riding makes me happy ('Mrs. Miller,' Squeaky chirps, 'are we doing lip hill?  quarter mile hill?'  My response, 'how can I say no?')
One does not have to spend an arm and a leg to do this sport.  WalMart supplies tight exercise pants, the saddle one has can work in the beginning, almost any horse will do in the beginning, sleeping in the car or the tent works, ice chests work, renting a trailer works, having an understanding man works, having a great baby sitter works.  I always come home with a SMILE on my face.
There will be choices and I bet the horse and ride win everytime, this from one who managed to get my daughter married on an off weekend!  If one wants to do the sport, it will get done somehow.  Learning occurs as one goes along.  Go for it and don't ever look back.  Jeanie