RE: [RC] does weight really matter? - Marlene Moss

Karen,
Well, that definitely makes some logical sense, but the horse (or
person) carrying more may develop stronger bones, tendons, ligaments,
muscles that keep them in better shape overall.  I most definitely don't
have a clue where that dividing line could be - making the horse
stronger vs beginning to break them down.

But if that is the case then maybe we'd have to factor in how long that
horse has been ridden by a certain weight and that would really
complicate things!  I think we have to keep the focus on the individual
circumstance.

I definitely don't have enough experience in this sport to make specific
claims, but this has definitely been an interesting discussion and I
know that my 2 person and roughly 6 horse study has shown that genetics
and conditioning have played a bigger role than rider weight.
Marlene

Marlene Moss
www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com
www.mphr.org (Mustang Performance Horse Registry)