[RC] Weight - sherman

From: "Barbara McCrary" Subject: Re:
I absolutely agree with Julie on almost everything she has written!  And =
especially the last two paragraphs,  except I wouldn't even recommend =
two weight divisions.  Open competition only, with a separate division =
for Juniors.  Period.

Barbara

Reading all these posts regarding weight divisions got me to thinking along your same lines, Barbara. Except I think there should be 3 age divisions, Junior, Open, and  Senior, over 65 or 70,  to honor those who "keep on riding", like Julie and hopefully me in another 15 years. (:>). Really, weight doesn't matter that much, due to many people getting off & running up & down hills. It is NOT a true assesment of how much the horse carried for the duration of the ride, so why even include it, unless there is a requirement to be "in the saddle".

However, if weight divisions are kept, certainly water & food is not tack, and is not carried for the duration of the ride, and no way should be included in weight.

Kathy
Grass Valley, CA