Re: [RC] Weight - SandyDSA

In a message dated 11/2/2004 7:05:03 AM Pacific Standard Time, bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
It just seems as though everybody should go into a ride with whatever liabilities or assets they personally have and if they find the sport unfulfillng because they do not excel, find another sport.
wowo - what a succinct truth, Julie. We have become a society of reward-expectation, and with or without the actual ABILITY to accomplish certain feats, too many peole expect to be rewarded and hed up as "champion". You are correct with what you said upstairs there - and I might add that SOMETIMES, one needs to find something that is fulfilling, even if one is not winning or even excelling, simply DOING it. I recall being the musical entertainment for Special Olympics for several years, and there was no greater reward for US, the MUSICIANS, than to see these beautiful kids enjoying the moment, even - and especially - when someone ELSE enjoyed the "win".