From: DaNel Resha <flash_cupid@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Susan, Princess of Pink" <glenn218@xxxxxxxxx>, jlong@xxxxxxxx, ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] WEIGHT DIVISIONS
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:59:53 -0800 (PST)

After reading many peoples comments. I feel just weigh the rider and the rider's clothing. Don't worry about saddles since so many people have different tastes in Saddles. Don't weigh water or food since they will be used during the ride. Do weigh the extra items that people choose to carry. It is their option to carry those items.

Riders have to ride the horse so weigh the rider only. If someone chose to do a ride bareback it is there option and there would be no saddle to weigh.

DaNel Resha
www.Darswinkles-Delights.com

"Susan, Princess of Pink" <glenn218@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd rather keep the weight divisons the way they are. That way, more of us can be competitive and get our little trinkets.

Perhaps we should weight just the person and clothes (please wipe the mud off your shoes!) and adjust the weight parameter accordingly.

Joe Long <jlong@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

One more item: I haven't seen much comment about my proposal to reduce the
number of weight divisions from four to three (or even two). How about it? If
we get some discussion going we can ask the Board to put it on the agenda for
the Convention meeting, and maybe get it done for the 2006 season.

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

DaNel Resha
Darswinkle's Delights

www.darswinkles-delights.com  for gift giving needs
www.my.tupperware.com/Darswinkle  for tupperware