Re: [RC] Purina Equine Senior Mash - Barbara McCrary

I had to administer powdered antibiotic to one of our horses, so I mixed it with a small amount of Equine Sr., rice bran and hot water.  The horse went crazy for it....never even tasted the medication.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 11:24 AM
Subject: [RC] Purina Equine Senior Mash

Absolutely you can add water and feed Equine Senior as a mash.  It says so right on the package.  Great for those horses with chewing problems (or sore throats due to illness).  I started feeding Purina Senior when my horse had colic surgery and haven't stopped.  I like to add water and feed as a mash at rides.  It also works to add water if you are putting powdered medicine or electrolytes in the food, so the medicine doesn't sift to the bottom and remain uneaten.  I also like to add hot water occasionally for a treat on very cold days.  (You can add water to any pelleted feed - don't know if I'd let it sit around too long though - it seems like it might spoil if you did.)
--

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup