[RC] weight divisions - Eric Drew

ok I may be a newbie but I have to chime in here

I'm a true Heavyweight at 218 "nekkid" as Howard would say and I'm not going to get any lighter.  I came to endurance from the Triathlon world where I'm on the SW Region Board of Directors and I'm a senior Race Official and an occasional Podium finisher [top 3 in my class].     We have 4 weight divisions [2 male and 2 female] and you get weighed in your cycling clothes and thats it no way we would have you holding your bike during weigh in.   Very sensible approach, you weigh what you weigh.   I find the  how much can I toss in my saddle bag , or I'll use a heavy saddle approach rather strange and almost amusing due to the can of worms being discussed.

I just ride for the fun of it ..... "to finish is to win"   it sure doesn't sound like some people are having any fun....

Me... I think I'll go out and have a fun couple of hours on the trail

Life is too short to quibble over minutia...

--- Eric Drew  #M32699
---