Re: [RC] WEIGHT DIVISIONS - Truman Prevatt

As soon as you add one bit of "tack" you have open Pandora's box. Use rider weight only and give the RM the discretion to require the people that come up to the scale in an Artic weight coat and winter boots in July to undress before they weight.

truman

Ridecamp Guest wrote:
Please Reply to: Edie  Booth desertbred@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK---    I really really liked the idea of weighing nekid!!! That is, until I got a visual of all us old ladies without sports bras....YIKES!!!!!!!!

So that may not be the best solution.

Seriously tho, I would like the BOD to take another look at weight divisions, and I really think we should stop the practice of weighing all the garbage that we choose to carry with us.  Stick with rider weight in ride clothing and saddle and tack. Cantle bags, water bottles, etc. are NOT tack. Everybody probably fills their water bottles when weighing for BC, but we should stop that too... everybody just going with rider, ride clothing and saddle and tack.

--
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
--Benjamin Franklin