Re: [RC] Weight Divisions!! - Truman Prevatt

I would agree about weight without tack. Weight in what you rode in. No tack, no water bottles, no extra anything, etc. That would probably require a minor adjustment in the boundries but solve a bunch of issues.

If you want to carry enough provisions to survive for three weeks that's you choice but it should not impact the weight division.

Truman

Jim Holland wrote:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch

How much weight you lose depends…I’ve lost well over 10 pound at times.  It depends on how much time you spend on the ground. (Running, tailing, etc)  If you are “working” like the horse, you will lose weight.  I assumed this was the reason for the 4%.  I could probably make Middleweight and have a much better chance of getting an award (Too many “tiny hineys” in the Lightweight) if I were willing to carry enough “stuff” to move up.  I weigh 155-160 in my skivvies.  However, I feel my true weight division is Lightweight…so there I will stay…personal decision.  What people are willing to do to ride in a specific division, as long as it is within the rules, is perfectly OK with me.  If you don’t like it, lobby the BOD to “adjust” it.

My preference would be to drop all tack and water from the weight….just what’s on your “body”.  You “choose” to carry “stuff”.  You don’t have to, just like you don’t have to carry a GPS, or a heart monitor.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

--
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
--Benjamin Franklin