Re: [RC] UAE Culture - DVeritas

In a message dated 10/27/2004 5:58:32 PM Mountain Standard Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
No, John, that will not send any message at all, other than to make us a
laughingstock in their eyes.  It will simply make it that much easier for
them to win--which is what they want in the first place.
Heidi's statement refers to Mr. Bass thinking the National Team should not attend the WEC.

I still maintain that "acceptance" is the prime motivator for the ostentatious "courting" of the world that Maktoum is involved in.    When one individual dominates the local scene, there's only one thing left to do...and he's doing it.  That, coupled with bringing the world to play on his home court is the other.  (Heidi, I know, I know, the rest of the world could have jumped up and hosted the WEC.)

Being a "laughingstock in their eyes" shouldn't even be a concern.
In my estimation, their eyes can't see, anyway...
Unless they are told to by the man who wields the power there.
As far as "making it that much easier for them to win,"....it takes more than coming in first place for that to happen.

Frank