[RC] An Open Letter to Ride Camp - Part 2 (very long) - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Richard Sacks rsacks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

His presentation and testing also addressed heat stress. Dr
Colvin indicated that heat stress is a major and continuing
problem for people who must work or fight in hot environments
while dressed in insulated or protective apparel. Horses might
agree that this applies to them while involved in endurance
riding. During field experiments in August 2001, macroPCM
cooling apparel was shown to provide over 65 minutes of cooling
for costumed characters at a major Florida theme park in 35
degree C (95 degree F) summer heat. Results indicated a  4 to 7
degree F differential in skin heat temperature and as much as a
32 degree F reduction in garment heat. Reductions were also
demonstrated in core body temperatures. During the laboratory
experiments, the subject's blood pressure and pulse rate were
also measured together with changes in body weight to determine
the level of sweating. Both were significantly reduced by the
macroPCM cooling apparel. The results were also duplicated in
tests involving a military vest used in body armor. These tests
concur with the tests we did for temperature differential early
on in our product development. We did not test for core
temperatures, blood pressure and pulse rate in our tests and
thus do not make any claims for these areas with regard to this
material. Phase change material will recharge after reaching a
steady state without refrigeration as the subject cools down .
In the case of a horse, this occurs when the horse cools down
(lowers energy output) or the saddle and pad is removed at a vet
check. Simply, phase change works, even in the most extreme
applications.

Many of Dr. Colvin's published research is listed on his web site
at www.deltathermal.com , for those who want to read it. For
those who want to read the study I have referenced, please email
me and I will send it to you if you can receive a 7.5 MB Adobe
PDF file.

With regard to Holofiber, being photosynthesis, or alchemy
(changing animals to plants as posted by another member who has
not seen or used our products), this is also not true. Holofiber
simply refracts (bends) ambient light. Refraction of light waves
is the same principal that accounts for why we perceive the sky
as blue. Ambient light is available nearly everywhere. Light has
been supposed to be available everywhere except in black holes.
Of course, this is just theory at this point since no one I know
has been to a black hole to prove it. However, ambient light is
around us on earth. This is exactly how nocturnal animals see at
night. They, as do horses, see different wave lengths of light
than we as humans do. That is why they can see better at night
than we can. There is even ambient light under our clothing, in
our boots, and under our saddles. This is why Holofiber works in
underwear, socks, and saddle pads, even at night.

When Holofiber refracts (bends) ambient light, it lengthens the
wave length of the light so it can penetrate the skin. When it
penetrates the skin, this light stimulates the microchondria,
which is present in every cell in most mammals. Little is
understood about the functions of the microchondria, but one
function that is agreed on, is that it acts like a fuel cell in
the body. When stimulated, it tells the brain to send more fuel.
In the case of most mammals, this can be red blood cells which
carry copious amounts of oxygen. The end result is that this
increase in blood flow increases the transcutaneous levels of
oxygen in the skin and muscles where the Holofiber has been
placed. The increase in oxygen level can be as much as 29.97%.
This was tested in two blind studies by two different major
universities (Chicago Loyola Medical for vascularly impaired
subjects and Texas A&M for general population). Additional
studies are under way now. This increase in oxygenated blood
flow is significant enough to affect positively, diabetic ulcers
in humans and impaired arterial blood flow (the cause of white
spots, gall spots and collagen bumps) in horses. Yes, the
studies that have been done are unpublished and the proprietary
property of the developers of this fiber. However, that does not
diminish the results. We have always said that our pad is
available for independent third party testing. Anyone can rent
the PeriFlux 5000 System, PF5010 Laser Doppler Perfusion module,
and Agema 5500 thermovision camera that were used in the testing
and duplicate or rebuke the results. But unless one has done
that, one can not say that this technology doesn't work,
especially without having even seen the material or read the
research. Anecdotal reports by users of socks, under wear,
riding pants (made by Tropical Rider) also confirm the
research.

Many riders, in a variety of disciplines, have bought and use our
products with considerable success. Some of the riders are World
Champions and Hall of Fame Members in western, English, and
endurance. Many more riders and horses of everyday level have
had similar experiences. Some have even bought multiple pads,
socks, etc. because they like the product so much. This has been
very gratifying to us. Our return rate has been lees than one
percent over nearly a three year period. Yet, our product has
not been suitable for every rider, saddle, horse combination.
For those, we appreciate the fact that you evaluated our product
and took advantage of our generous trial period to test the
product for yourself. We hope that you were able to find the
combination that works best for you. For those that haven't
tried our product, be assured that the technology that we have
incorporated does work. Remember that it took many years for
some people to be convinced that the world is, in fact, round. I
invite you to try our product for yourself. As one of our
customers said in an email, "Finally! Logic and my husband kept
telling me that $200 for a saddle pad was just ridiculous. So I
spent $50 each on 3 separate saddle pads trying to find the one
that would make the difference. For just $50 more, I could have
had it RIGHT the FIRST time! My horse has become more rounded
and his canter is back to being smooth as glass. Recently, my
massage therapist said it was the best Gus had been since she
started working on him 2 years ago. A friend who has decided to
try endurance asked what equipment I would recommend. Without
hesitation I told her to SAVE money by investing in your saddle
pad FIRST."

As a vendor, I have always believed that Ride Camp is not a forum
for vendors to advertise. Yet, I believe that each of us has the
right to express our own opinions of the experiences we had with
products the we have used and to share this with other members
of our community. However, when members denigrate our product or
other vendors products without even having tried the product or
disseminate false information about a product, for whatever
reason, they have over stepped the lines of decency and freedom
of expression. If you have questions about the technology of a
product, or simply don't understand it, call the vendors. They,
in all cases, will be more than willing to explain it you and
provide the proof of the validity of their claims.  Simply
because someone posts something on an internet chat forum does
not make it true. Do your own research, try and evaluate the
products for yourself and your application. Each horse and rider
is an individual experience. What works for someone else may not
work for you. I invite you to try our products and see for
yourself. If they work for you great. If you find something else
that works better, by all means buy it.

Sincerely,

Richard Sacks
President