[RC] [RC] Equipedic and Research on Phase Change Material - sherman

Is the "memory foam" the "phase change material" in the pad?   I recently bought a Tempurpedic copycat, an Englander, with 3" of memory foam on top, and although I usually get too warm in bed (no blanket & window always open) , have not noticed it being any warmer with the memory foam, and now that you mention it, I think it may be a bit cooler. I thought it was just because we were having an unusually cool summer, but maybe it's the mattress.
Kathy

I'm the opposite, can't stand being warm!!  I haven't bought an =
Equipedic pad yet, but am seriously considering it because of my own =
experience with Tempurpedic mattress -- which I have found extremely =
comfortable.

I'm wondering if those who find the bedding too hot are using everyday =
memory foam or actual Tempurpedic material?  I'm heard there is a =
difference.  I don't know exactly what (and please, no more scientific =
discussion anyway - lol!),  but one of the things I love about my =
Tempurpedic is that it is much cooler to me than a regular mattress.  I =
haven't tried typical memory foam, so I can't speak to that.  Has anyone =
with Tempurpedic found it hold in the heat (I could just be weird, have =
certainly been accused of it! ;) )?

Kara