Re: [RC] [RC] western saddles - Rosalie Marley

I used to have an orthoflex (it was made around 1990).  The fenders hung from the tree, but the slot was very long and the fenders would slide forward or backward.  My rep had me drill a hole in the tree and screw the fender in place.  Made it hard to adjust the length though.

I hated the fenders and replaced them with the biothane "aussie" "leathers" (much wider than english leathers and screwed those in place too.

Rosalie

=========Original messages:=============
Re: [RC] western saddles - Alice Yovich
One of the things that the saddle guy did was to shorten my fenders b/c my legs are too short for hte saddle. He did show me that with the fenders shortened, the leather has more swing so maybe that will give them a little more room.

I talked to my husband, Mr. Computer geek, into helping me design a stop. I'm not sure what to make it out of though or how to wrap it.