Re: [RC] Back Pain - goearth

Knowing back pain well, with 4 herniated discs and deterioating disc disease, i have been thru it all and don't want surgery which is the last resort.  Pain doctors gave me Ultram, but now i'm on 800 mg. Ibuprofen and 500 mg. Naproxen which work with moderate success.  I try to get a weekly massage which helps the body as well as the mind.  I've had the pain injection at the spine and found out it contained Cannabis.  I was ready for the knife then, but that took away the sharp pain.  When it gets severe i found these heat wraps that go around the waist and heat up for 8 or more hours and they can be used for heat on horse joints.  They are called ThermaCare heat wraps and they help lots.  We have a hot tub that gets my naked body sometimes 4 times a day if i'm here and time warrants and the pain is severe.  This pain will NOT go away as long as i live and now i just walk a little bent like Matthew.  I guess it builds character, as its something that only surgery will totally fix and then i've seen people come out worse from the knife and don't like those odds.  There are many things i can't do any more like pick-up a 100 lb.  bag of feed from the back of a car trunk but one leans to adapt later on in life and get 50 lb. bags.  There are many that swear on a Good Chiropractor. Be optimistic,  take your sunglasses with you on a rainy day.  tom sites