[RC] Please update your AERC email address for a member survey - Michael Maul

AERC is getting ready to send out a membership survey. This was last done a number of years ago and more current information would help the BoD serve the membership better.

One of the possible means that we may use for this survey is an online version. If the survey is done online - AERC saves quite a bit on mailing and data entry. For paper responses - the information will have to be entered manually into the analysis program. Paper copies of the survey would go to members w/o email addresses. We have not decided on the distribution method for those with email yet.

In order to notify current AERC members of the survey by email - we would like members who have email to verify their email address in the AERC records using their members page login. If it's incorrect - then use the members page to change it.

You can reach the member login from the AERC home page at

http://www.aerc.org/

using the Member login link under the horse logo in the upper right.

If you don't remember your member login or passwd - then click on the link below

http://www.doublejoy.com/aerc/mbr/default.asp?msg=1

enter your AERC # including the M if it has one. If you get the reminder back - we do have your email address correctly because the email was successful. I would still suggest logging in and checking the other info on you and your horses for update.

If you don't get a return email with your passwd then AERC does not have your current email address. Email me at mmaul@xxxxxxxxx to have the information sent to you.

If you have an email address but have never logged into your members page - then click on

http://www.doublejoy.com/aerc/mbr/activate.asp

enter your present email address, your AERC # including the M if it has one, and a passwd of at least 6 characters.

Your login ID will be your email address and your passwd will be the one you have chosen. Your AERC # is not a part of the login after the initial activation.

Once you've logged in - check the personal info part of your records and either add or change your email address if necessary. You should look at your horse and personal info to see if other information needs updating too.

Note that you cannot change region or weight division at this time. That could only be changed up to June 1.

Updating or adding your email address in the AERC records will help us keep the costs and work down for the survey.

Results of the survey will be available to the membership after we do the analysis.

Mike Maul
AERC Director-at-Large