[RC] Cold Weather Riding - Tshuck64

Hi, It has cooled down a lot here in the last week,way colder than usual for this time of year. We have had a lot of rain and some snow. I took my gelding out for a nice ride yesterday, it was damp out and in the low 40's with a slight breeze. We probably went about 10 miles with a lot of steep hills and mud, so it was a different and difficult ride since we havent seen mud for about 7 months. Anyway he worked up a good sweat, drank from puddles and seemed fine. When I got home I rode him in the field at a walk for about 1/2 hr. (took the pup, shes learning about horses).  Put him up. Came out to feed about 2 hrs. later (4:30) and he was still a little wet with sweat and was shivering in the hind end. His muscles were not hard but he just seemed to have a little chill. As soon as he started eating he seemed to quit shivering. My question is how do I handle this. I really dont want to blanket him. I have one more ride I wanted to attend and dont know how to handle the cold. Thanks