[RC] experience with equipedic - Laura Hayes

Susan write: >>So, since I'm so dense, may I ask of the experiences you other riders have had with the pad in question and with other pads<<<<

I have an Equipedic pad, and used it on two 50 milers with two different horses using the same saddle (a cheap Abetta with a thousand (literally) miles on it.)  I felt the pad caused the saddle to fit better on both horses than it had with the 100% wool pad I had used previously.  In both horses I had previously seen dry spots on either side of the withers without the Equipedic- no spots or tenderness with.  I would say though, that it is best to keep the pad in a heated area the night before a ride, as it does get stiff in the cold, and takes a bit to warm up and shape itself to the horse.

Laura Hayes  AERC#2741