Re: [RC] Gaiter - Barbara McCrary

We bought a pair of Boa Boots at the convention in February.  We have not used them with the gaiters yet, but it must be essential to do so, as we experienced the following problem:  Young horse in training in sandy arena.....Boa Boot on one hind foot, protecting a hoof that had had an abscess cut out of it......sand shortly got into the boot, packed in around the pastern, and caused the horse to  go lame.  We removed the boot, brushed off the sand, rode the horse without the boot, and everything was fine.  Moral:  I'm sure gaiters will be necessary.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 5:39 PM
Subject: [RC] Gaiter

Hi Bob,
    Depending on the size of your horse's hoof and the size boot you ordered will determine what thickness gaiter you need to order.  If you would like to send me your horse's hoof measurements and the size boot you have I will be happy to recommend the size gaiter you should order.
    I always recommend using gaiters with Boa Boots.  While not every horse is sensitive and need them to prevent chafing the gaiters also prevent debris from getting between the heel bulb and boot.  And the new design is great - they now stay in place.

With Warm Regards,
Candy
www.boaboots.com

Candace Kahn
Naturally Bare Hoof Care
New and improved Boa Boots are here!!
authorized dealer of Boa Hoof Boots, Barefoot Treeless Saddles,
Equipedic Saddle Pads, Best Friends Grazing Muzzle
Painted Sky Ranch
PO Box 639
Jacksonville, OR 97530
541-899-0149; 541-899-0150