[RC] dodge vs. ford - Ed Kilpatrick

you really need to go by the weight of the trailer, fully loaded, to know how much truck to get.   check the info on gross combined weight rating for different models.  you might pull this trailer with the 350/3500 series, but braking is where you need the extra beef.
i have the ford F-550 super duty with the 7.3 L diesel engine.  my trailer is probably in the same size category as the one you describe.   my fuel mileage with this truck is 9 mpg loaded down,  12 mpg toodlin' around town.      ed