[RC] AERC Politics- shameless campaigning! - Laura Hayes

Lisa Salas wrote on Ridecamp:  >>I hope everybody gets as worked up about our own voting in AERC. I would like to see the candidates continue their campaigns so we don't forget who we want to vote for!<<

Thank you, Lisa for reminding all of us.

While riding the beautiful Grand Canyon XP last week on a wonderful Icelandic pony (which in itself gives you LOTS of time to think!!)  I was thinking of WHY I am running for AERC director at large, and why I felt anyone should vote for me.  Here is some of what I came up with:

Each member of the board of directors, whether a regional director or an 'at large' director, is a representative of the membership of AERC.  I TRULY believe that it is important to have a thoughtful and thorough discussion of issues in which all interested members have a chance to speak, and that voting on issues by the BOD, should be based on the majority of sentiment expressed by the members.

I believe that those people chosen to represent the membership need to be honest, hardworking, and sincere in their service.  IMO, one of the most important factors to this service is the ability to see AERC as a whole entity and NOT just one small portion of what makes this a great organization.  From LD to juniors to international, 50s, 100s and multidays- fast or slow, they all belong to AERC and should be given the same consideration.

I believe it is important to keep in mind the intention of the folks who started AERC so many years ago

In  being asked to 'state my beliefs' - in addition to the above, I firmly believe that the welfare of the horse and the safety of the rider, and integrity in our sport should be foremost in our intentions.

I can truly say that I will listen to and weigh every member's thoughts on the issues.

I have a deep and abiding love for the sport of endurance and only wish to see it thrive and grow.

Laura Hayes AERC#2741