[RC] Older Appy problem-kinda long - Agilbxr

A friend asked me to shoot an email to the group asking for help with her Appy
mare.  Pixie is a 20 year old appy that has been used for 3 day eventing since
she was 6.  About three years ago, she started stopping at fences.  Thinking
that she was 17, my friend cut the height out.  At that point, she had the
opportunity to breed her mare to a very nice TB stud, and chose to do so.  So
for the next year, Pixie had very light work while on pregnancy duty.  After
the baby was born, she was put back to work on light duty, very little jumping
for 6 months.  And then she started stopping again.

For the last year and a half it's been a running battle. The mare now just
stops anywhere and squats like she has to urinate, but doesn't.  Rachel's had
the vet out to check her, can't find anything definative. The saddle fit has
been checked.  The chiropractor was out last week, and although she was
adjusted, she's not going any better.  She has the vet due out to pull a
complete blood panel.

Right now she's in good body weight, eating equine senior with free choice hay.
She gets a glucosamine and msm supplement daily.  She's been kept on a good
deworming schedule and all that.  The only other thing that is noticeable is
that she's lost some muscle tone over her pelvis area since the baby was born.
That was originally attributed to nursing, but hasn't come back like is should
since Windy's been weaned.

I had suggested the bloodwork, which will be pulled as soon as the vet gets
there.  Any other ideas?  I'm at a loss.  Rachel says it feels like there is
nothing there when she asks the mare to move, and she's always been a very
responsive, nice moving horse.  There is very definatly something wrong, but
none of us can put our fingers on it. Any suggestions of things to check would
be greatly appreciated.

Juli and Alpine (who is happy he's not the subject of this one)