[RC] Marla's Mystery Ataxia Part - rides2far

I never attempted to say anything. All I did was ask a
question. I have spent many years asking questions and have
found that it is seldom the question is ever addressed in
replies. Why is that?

Jesus had a tendancy to answer a question with a question because the
person asking the question always seemed to know the answer
already...they just wanted to see your reaction to it. I think he had
something there.

I always preferred essay over True or False or Multiple Choice because
once I got talking I figured if I couldn't give them the answer they were
looking for, I at least had a chance of convincing them that their answer
wasn't the right one after all...mine was.

So, here's what you wrote:

I ask one, and only one, question. Which is most
important,
the horse's welfare or the humans ego?

Personally, this made me cock my head and think, "What the heck does that
have to do with the price of tea in China"? Where did that question come
from? Was Kat going 12 mph trying to win? Is she a person who has a
tendency to be running top 5? Did this question come from a stable with a
reputation for being extremely slow and overly cautious or one with a
very successful reputation in the speed department? But I'll assume the
question just fell out of the sky with no relevance to the situation or
the people involved in the original posts and try to address the question
since that is the goal.

Which is most important,> the horse's welfare or the humans ego?

Darn, just can't choose A. or B. If a person takes more pride in their
horse's welfare than in placing in a ride, then the horse's welfare is
something which feeds the ego. If the welfare suffers the ego suffers, so
they are dependent upon one another.  If the ego isn't such that the
person takes pride in their horse's care (like my neighbors) the horse
suffers. Ego isn't always a bad thing you know. I've seen healthier
happier horses in the top ten than in the tail end before, due to the
fact that the owner had such an ego that they privided the horse with
quality forage, veterinary care, quality farriers, and made sure that he
showed up fit for the job because they had *pride* which I suppose means
they had an ego and they didn't intend to show up unprepared with an
undernourished ill cared for horse. Just taking a very *quick* glance at
Arlene's record, I can't imagine that you all didn't take pride in your
horses so your horse's welfare thrived under your ego. Which was more
important? Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Angie

Now includes pop-up blocker!