Re: [RC] Treatment/Nat'l Champ. Quals - SandyDSA

In a message dated 10/13/2004 9:13:09 AM Pacific Standard Time, DVeritas@xxxxxxx writes:
I think they are much too lenient....INCLUSIVE, but much too lenient
wow - such a truth here. In general, it seems like too many organizations, in the interets of being inclusive, ARE lenient and in the end open the door to issues such as this. It just seems to me that earning one's privilege of competing at the highest level has gone by the wayside. After nearly 35 years in various disciplines and breeding and showing and competing horses, I am CERTAIN that I am nowhere near prepared for that type of a ride. Even if I think my HORSE may be, I am not. Just a short reality check can bring those facts home. Just because one WANTS to accomplish somethimg does nto automatically make someone either qualified or capable. In the same way, as I listened to a chat on raising the admission standards in UC schools, I thought, what is the hullabaloo about? If one wants to attend UCLA or Cal, then go work hard enough to get the grades! Same here - earn it. Perhaps the requirements need to be strengthened, even at the expense of being...inclusive. JMHO