Re: [RC] Nationals and Treatments - DVeritas

I wasn't at the National Championship Ride.

But, I will say that I believe that a "treated" horse is better than a "dead" horse.
At least a "treated" horse and its "owner/operator" might get another shot at endurance.

So, if in doubt, I'd "treat" my horse (which I've not ever had to do).

Stigma be damned, I think I could live with it before I could live with the knowledge that something could have been done to help my horse and wasn't because of fear of public opinion.

In a perfect horse world they'd all finish sound, happy and eager to do it again.
But, when humans, through whatever compunction is out there, find the need to "compete", the horse will always be the first to suffer our need to use them for our "enjoyment".

Horses don't need to be hooked up to IV's as indicators of being used too hard, so please don't pound that drum too loudly.

I'm just happy horses who needed treatment received it.
The rest of y'all can hammer out the moralities and such.
~Frank