Re: [RC] Becky's Tevis dismount - Susan Young

DETAILS!  How is this dismount done technically?  It's like the emergency dismount except she's not as far away from her pony.

I'm still impressed with the rider card in hand!  How DOES she do it?

Steve Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I happen to know how Becky came about with that dismount.
Becky and Laurie Wilson were Ride and Tie partners for many years. When
they would do a flying tie (which is when they exchange together along
the trail, not tying to a tree) the rider would gallop up to the runner,
fly off the right side as the runner mounted on the left. This was
actually started by the Wadsworth boys.

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)