[RC] minors in tevis - Ed Kilpatrick

i had the privilege of sponsoring a junior rider in a 75 mile ride last april, here in the southeast region.  sandra foti is one of the top juniors in our region, and she comes by it honestly.   we had a great ride together.  it got hot in the afternoon, and the going got tough at times.  she will even admit to a little bit of whining.  :-)  i told her the whining was ok, but i didnt want to hear that "Q" word.   we made good time and finished, with our horses in great shape.  there were times during the ride that i could have gone faster, and other times when she could have gone faster, but we had chosen to ride together as a team.   coming in together at the finish line as a team gave a little something extra to the accomplishment.
     sandra has the ability to do a ride like this on her own. she could do the tevis cup ride on her own. since she is not old enough to ride alone, however,  she rides with a sponsor.   and guess what,  she has a great time out there, and so does the sponsor who is lucky enough to ride with her.   so, courtney,  think about doing tevis with a sponsor, and share the joy you will get from it.      ed kilpatrick