From: "Ridecamp Guest" <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 11:18 AM
Subject: [RC] Skyhorse saddle

Please Reply to: Natalie Hodges nhodges@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Skyrider is available from the Austrailian Stock Saddle Co. Google the
company, and look under the "Classic Saddles" headline, 8th one down from
the top.I have not tried it, but am very curious about this saddle. I seems
like it is as close to treeless as possible, but still has a "rise" for the
rider's pelvis, and security with the poleys. Hope this helps someone who is
looking for one....Natalie
Here is their description:

The Skyrider revisits, a saddle made famous during the early days of
Endurance racing, when it was manufactured by the Skyhorse Saddle Company of
Durango, Colorado. It is now being produced under license by The Australian
Stock Saddle Co., of Malibu, California.
The Saddle has unique swivel bars that make it easy to fit almost any horse.
It adjusts automatically, from one animal to the next. The front of the bars
are flanged out, offering more comfort to a turning horse. It has a
comfortable hammock-style seat and stirrups positioned for long hours of
two-point riding. The underside of the seat can be easily accessed for
placement of extra padding, if necessary. The panels are fleece-lined and
can be unlaced to place shims to correct bridging or rocking.
The weight, unmounted, with cordora fenders, is 12lbs. The cinching system
is centerfire for various placement of the girth. The SKYRIDER comes with or
without traditional Australian Poleys for security. One size fits all.

Price: $695.00