From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jody Rogers-Buttram

Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2004 7:46 PM

To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [RC] Talladega 3 day....What a ride!

Well,  Just returned home from the Yellowhammer 3-day Pioneer ride.   First

off, let me say to the ride management...This was no doubt the best managed

ride I have been to in a LONG time.  Hats off to Joe and Tamra and all who

helped.  The Trails were marked very well, the timers were the best in the

country and in Southeast!!!!  Then we had the best vets, best recorders,

best PR takers, plenty of water thanks to the best "water boy" Brian who was

keeping the tank filled all the days, every day.  The food was great, the

after the ride party and music were first class thanks to Tommy Crain and

the band.  The awards were thoughtful and nice each day, but the 3-day

awards were tops!!!!  I don't remember there being any problems with people

getting lost, not knowing the right loop or color ribbons to take or

anything. (This is due in part to the fantastic design of the rider card)

The last day there was a loop that had some trail riders pull down markers,

but that was not a problem as the "trail goddess" was out there riding along

with whoever was last to make sure everyone got thru the course ok.   Thanks

to Sara for being there for us....She personally saw me and Joni thru the

last 2 days.

I would  like to personally thank the vets, DeeDee, Ken, and Otis.....they

did a first rate job as usual getting the horses through the trail each day

without problems.  This was a very tough ride for those who attempted any

day or combination of days.  Big hooray for all that finished whatever they

attempted and those who didn't make it, a big hooray for them and their

horses for a royal effort.  Sometimes it isn't the finish that matters, but

the trying and having a good day with a sound horse later.

Hope that everyone will attend this ride next year.  It is certainly worth

the support of us riders to come out and enjoy a great ride.  I know I will

be back.:))

If I have left anything out, it is because there were so many great things,

I may not be able to remember them all!!

Jody, Joel, Joni and the girls...Rose (happy to be home), Aries and Gypsy.

-------------------------------------------------------- This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the system manager: postmaster@xxxxxxxxxx This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the presence of computer viruses, however it is always advisable to run a virus check on e-mails and attachments before opening them. --------------------------------------------------------