Re: [RC] Minors at Tevis - SandyDSA

Jessica's letter was well written, and ehr points are well taken. One must bear in mind that Courtney did post with the desire for feedback; unfortunately it just wasn't exactly the feedback she desired. No one that I saw or heard was trying to denigrate her or juniors in general, but to express their opinions, having been asked for them, and as the situation would warrant, the reponses were from other parents of juniors or sponsors of juniors who have both experience and maturity in the opinions they shared. Discretion is in deed the better part of valor at times, and most certainly in one's youth:). I think the juniors who are most passionate about this subject can bear two things in mind - firstly, the oldsters in this sport seem to actually CARE about their wellbeing and their future; secondly, each poster reflected a consideration for the special rules at a very special competition. It is what it is. When I read about Julie Suhr doing what she did, tears came to my eyes - and I thought, when I am her age, God-willing....there is time, ladies, not to worry!