Re: [RC] [RC] Paso/Arab or Arab Mule - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 10/6/2004 6:55:57 AM Pacific Standard Time, brio_gal@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>make sure that the baby you raise grows up to be a
>horse that SOMEBODY is going to be willing to take care

Again, if I don't keep it-it will be put down.

I find this line of thinking very hard to believe (I'm hoping I am misinterpreting you here).  Do you mean that if the horse doesn't work out for you, but is a perfectly healthy animal, you will put him/her down?  If that is the case, maybe rethinking the whole breeding idea is in order.

And you seem to have missed the point of making sure that you are producing a useful animal who can have a good life, even if that life isn't with you.  The idea that you would just put down a healthy animal because he wasn't what you hoped to get when you bred for him is appalling to me.  (Don't some of the big show barns do this?  I think the process is called "culling").

Sylvia (I hope I misunderstood what you meant to say)