[RC] Handling the Horse & Shoes - Kelly

I am a newbie and I have a question about horse
handling. On the SouthEast Endurance Riders
Association webpage, they have a section on education
that consiste of training articles. Article #8 is
about teaching the horse to be handled. So my
questions are:

1. Can someone please tell me what to expect with my
horse being handled by the vet, etc..
2. Will it be a requirement to pick up all four of my
horses feet if there are no signs of something wrong?
3. I understand the contiversey between shoes and
barefoot and I do not want to get into a debate about
which is better. Can I please get some brief details
about the pros and cons to shoes and barefoot.
4. With shoes, is it best to have them on all four
feet or will the front two be ok?
5. I am excited about attending my first ride and I
will be volunteering this Oct23rd at a ride. My
question is, when I feel my mare is ready, what type
of ride should I go to first. A more training ride at
15 miles or a normal 25 LD?
6. Looking for a training type ride, where do I go to
find these in the Southeast and what are they called.

My issues and concerns with this topic.
I am not sure the background of my mare, but I do
know that it is Heck, to mess with her back feet. I
have been working with rubbing my hands down her
legs, but I am still weary of her right side.

1. My fear is getting her to an event and not being
able to work with her rear hooves.
2. She has had shoes on her front end but my concern
is that I am not sure how well she will do with the
back end.
3. My mare is pretty good with me handling her. My
concern is how she will act with other people handling
her.

Any ideas, help or suggestions...
Thanks Kelly

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo