[RC] 300 Virginia Range Horses for adoption across the U.S. - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Antoinette Smith asmith@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rescues across the United States are in the process of receiving 300 formerly
free-roaming Virginia Range horses, also known as "Comstock" horses that were
sold to a private individual by the State of Nevada and subsequently starved.
Adoption fees and requirements vary by rescue.

Virginia Range horses are not Mustangs and they are not "Dann horses", they are
horses that were abandoned in the Virginia Range area of the State of Nevada
during the pre-Civil War days by miners, cowboys and calvarymen.

Dubbed "Hitch-hiking horses" because rescues are making space availabe to
receive them, but cannot afford the high cost of transporting so many horses,
therefore, donations are being sought to cover the estimated $10,000.00 cost of
transport.

Please consider adopting one or two of these horses, or donating to the
transport so that they can all be placed in homes and given the chance to be
put to good use as riding horses, barrel horses, roping horses, etc.  These
horses deserve to be treated with care and given this second chance at life.

No wild horse sanctuaries have room for them.  These horses are not as wild as
a Mustang that has just been pulled from the range.  They have been fenced in
(albeit a very large pasture/acreage) for many months and have been fed by
humans for the past couple of months.  Even so, they are largely  unhandled and
not halter broke.  Some of the mares are in foal.  There are almost no
geldings.  Some have color and some are gaited, but there will be no guarantees
as to whether or not an adopter receives a pregnant mare or gaited horse.

All of them need homes and all of them need a ride to safety.

For more information, please visit www.usesr.org

The United States Equine Sanctuary & Rescue is a state-wide equine rescue
organization doing business in the State of Texas.  We have set our adoption
fee at $200.00 per horse plus  the $25.00 filing fee.  Information about
adopting one of these horses from USESR is on our website under "Adoptables".

At this time, we have approximately 200 more horses to place and we have
approximately 2 to 3 weeks to get it done.  Please help by considering
adoption, foster care &/or donating funds for transport and related costs such
as coggins, health certificates, and whatever is required for these horses to
reach their new home states.

Antoinette Smith
United States Equine Sanctuary & Rescue
asmith@xxxxxxxxx