[RC] TWH - Mary Ann Spencer

My next horse may be a TW as I have  a friend who has the nicest temperament mare.  She just keeps going down the road and RARELY spooks.  I ride my Arabians with her and it works out great.  She is doing the gaited horses as she has a problem with her ankle from old injury.

As we age, we find our old injuries but still want to keep riding.  I rode some TWs in Ky when I was stationed there.  The naturally gaited ones ARE!!!  We rode bareback with a simple bridle and it was 'easy street'.  Not a bad way to go.

How difficult are they to do the basic 'breaking' on?

When one ages one still needs to be needed and do something that makes them happy.  Let your uncle enjoy his life!!
                                                          Mary Ann