Re: [RC] younger years - Suzi Maiorisi

Funny, my sister and I were talking about this the other day...she has a young friend who is riding her 3 and 4 yo QH babies.  He's maybe 32 and been on a horse since before he could walk and hasn't left behind his imagination and adventure.  She's been sending me pictures and tales of his adventures on the girls and I'm amazed at the things he's come up with to do on them or with them....like roping a bicycle out of a trash heap he discovered on the trail one day...then hauling it up 12' high in a tree and oh yep, roping it again (no, he's not standing on the ground to rope!!) dragging it out of the tree and then bringing it along on the trail with them for a while!  Amazingly, my sister's 3 yo was steady as a rock through all that he's come up with to do while out on trail and she isn't exactly a stump in the yard when she's in the herd environment!

Suzi and Holly who's also being ridden by the child/man while I recover (or not) from my hyssie.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 10:39 PM
Subject: [RC] younger years

Is it just me, or when your younger "things" happen with your horse and it made it more exciting?  And now those same things happen and it makes you cringe, holding on for dear life!  Exactly what age is it, that you "crossover"?  (I thought for sure it would happen much later!!! is it a sign of getting old..ha ha)?