[RC] flies/fly problem - Chris Eickleberry

Re:         “My stablefloor is a fly factory!

       Now i am going to get a few workers together to dig it all out. Is there anynthing I can pour on it           that will safe the hard labor? Is there anything i can pour on the new fresh clean layer to prevent this   from happening again?”

…..at the horse farm where I worked for many years, we regularly sprinkled a thin layer of  hydrated lime on the bare dirt stall floors after stripping the stalls-( don’t fling it around haphazardly when you spread it- it is not good to breathe-)  but covered well with fresh clean bedding, it was safe for the horses, made the smell nicer, and cut down on the bacteria and fly eggs on the floor………we got it in 50 lb sacks from the feed store, delivered with the feed…………Chris E./Indiana