RE: [RC] [RC] Pat Oliva in the Hospital - Howard Bramhall

This woman is incredibly tough. I had the privilige of riding with her that last leg at Leatherwood in 2003, when the sky opened up and let out the biggest deluge I'ver ever seen during an endurance ride. It was a monsoon on trails that were tricky enough when they were dry.

Riders were screaming, crying out for their Mommies (I was one of them), cursing, thinking we were all gonna die. All of us did this except for Pat; she was the only one who showed no fear whatsoever. She just kept on trucking, never complained, never cursed, and when she passed me mounted, with me leading my horse on foot, with mud up to my knees, she gave me a look that said "What's your problem? Why on earth are you walking in this muck? Toughen up, get back up there on that horse; this is endurance, you either got it or you ain't."

Compared to Pat, I ain't got it and never will. I cannot think of a more impressive endurance rider out there. I hope she doesn't miss one endurance ride because of this surgery. Nobody is tougher and nobody defines what this sport is all about better than Pat Oliva. For those of you into records, Pat has over 15,000 miles and 212 completions out of 252 starts. Just incredible!!!!

cya,
Howard

----Original Message Follows---- From: Skippykemerer1@xxxxxxx To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [RC] Pat Oliva in the Hospital Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 12:28:14 EDT

Thought I'd pass along some info on Pat Olivia for those of you who know
her. Pat was taken to the hospital on Wens with severe pain in her neck. She
is schedule for surgery Mon. afternoon.

Pat's in Montgomery General Hospital in Olney, MD, Room 515-B.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks

Skip

Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and more! http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx