[RC] removing manure from paddocks & right to farm law - Sharlene Roberts-Caudle

Other alternatives would be a garden tractor with a
front end loader (would solve your shoveling and
transporting needs), or an electric or gas golf cart.
There are a lot of these around used--the nice courses
turn them over every couple of years, I think.  The
gas ones have more power if you are not on level
ground, the electric ones are extremely quiet and they
can haul small trailers.

If you are troubled again by complaints remind the
code enforcement officer of the California Right to
Farm law which was enacted precisley for situations
such as yours.  (I am fairly sure it's a state law,
but might have county ordinances involved).  You are
protected at your current scale of operation as long
as you follow "best practices," which it sounds like
you do.  You might look up the law yourself so that
you understand your protections against "newcomers"
who move to the country next to an ag operation then
complain it's a nuisance.  Many states have these laws
now.

If there was some way you could make your neighbor
feel friendlier toward the horses, it would be ideal.
Do they have kids you can convert to horse lovers?
Would they like a ride?  The smell of horses and their
manure is perfume to me, but I'm sure it's because of
the association I have between it and all that horses
are.
Sharlene

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail