RE: [RC] [RC] Taxes - Howard Bramhall

I believe, when it comes to taxes, it's really the luck of the draw. You could probably cheat for years and never get caught and then someone like me (bad luck McGraw) comes along, misplaces a decimal point, and, the next thing you know they're impounding your Motor Home. My eyesight, especially when dealing on paper, ain't what it used to be.

I was feeling awnry today, a little bored from all the time locked up due to hurricanes with my Mother-in-Law, so I went to Wal Mart with my two puppies who have grown so big they don't look like puppies any more. I kept my sunglasses on, carried a cane (where I had applied some red duck tape along the tip and handle) that used to belong to my deceased grandfather, and went in to shop for awhile with my wild, uncontrolled dogs leading the way.

Got through the Homeland style Wal-Mart security, tied the dogs to a cart, and off we went. Now please, don't attack me here because you think I'm making fun of blind people, that is the furthest thing from my intention. My eyesight is getting to the point where I'll be one of them soon enough. This was just a test run.

I'm just irked that there are so few places in our country, Wal Mart being one, where you can take your dogs inside to shop. So, I was making my own point about this stupid law (go to Europe sometime and you'll see just the opposite: dogs allowed everywhere but no infants anywhere). Anyway, we banged around, knocking things down, and drew quite a bit of attention to ourselves. I really was there for the puppy food; Wal Mart is the only place that sells what I've been getting them at a reasonable price.

I made sure that the ones who volunteered to help me just happened to be young, good looking wimmen. Oh, man, I just cannot believe I got away with this one. My sunglasses are extremely dark, but, it should be a crime (and, probably is) with what I was doing here. There she was, bending over, petting my two dogs, and, wow, holy Moly, is she going Commando here? "These are two of the most unusual dogs for a blind person that I've ever seen," she says to me, "Where did you get them?" While she said this, Ruff had grabbed one of those puppy rope play things, ripped it out of it's bag, and was swinging it around wildly, knocking down cans of dog food and doggie shampoo, making things fly down that Wal Mart aisle. We were making quite a mess.

"The Humane Society For the Poorly Sighted," says I. "Did you put that puppy chow in my cart?" I knew she hadn't and the location of that puppy chow required her to bend over even further. Oh my, yes, she really is going Commando, and I certainly am having a very good day after all that pain and suffering I expereinced over Jeanne, Frances and Charley. California, feel my pain.

Sorry for all that, Steph will probably suspend or expel me once again because, after all, if it's not endurance related, it's just not worthy.

cya,
Howard (am I weird or is it just cause I'm getting old and worried I might die soon that makes me act this way?)

----Original Message Follows---- From: Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [RC] Taxes Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:19:45 GMT

Please Reply to: Louisa Pierce louloupierce@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The whole tax thing is a can of worms, people will believe what they want to believe - case in point. I have a girl friend who has 4 stalls but only 2 are boarders. She show's for ribbons on the eventing circuit and she writes everything off and I mean everything. On one hand she talks about how much money she makes
on her boarders, but then she told me she took a 30K loss on her farm year and she got a money back on her taxes, and she was thrilled.

I sent her the Mass Tax codes that are very easily found on the massgov.com - that clearly state she has a hobby and she can not write anything off at all - but she said her CPA said it was
okay so she'll go with that. I also told her about another friend who did the same thing, well she's still paying the IRS and she lost her house doing so! I guess she did not know she could not wright off her new truck and trailer for her horses :<)

I give her a few more years before the IRS catches up with her.